Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skin Care Routine- Beautiful Skin For Beautiful Makeup

Hey guys! How exciting, that my blog is finally up and running.  On that note, here I am brainstorming on the perfect starter blog for you all, and I thought what better way than to begin with a skin care routine. After googling and youtubing hundreds of videos and pictures on makeup trends, techniques and styles, I noticed that all of these publications had something in common; they were also missing a detailed explanation on how to take care of and maintain healthy skin in order to achieve beautiful makeup.

Look, what it comes down to is this…I don’t care how good you are at applying makeup, blending out foundation and creating the perfect smokey eye..if your skin is in trouble and suffering from breakouts, dryness, wrinkles and enlarged pores, your makeup will only look mediocre and caked on. Don’t let a retouched photo, edited video and dim lighting fool you into thinking that what you are seeing on your computer screen is perfect makeup. Perfect makeup begins with healthy skin; I won’t even say perfect skin because such a thing does not exist. So long as your skin is healthy, hydrated and most importantly of all; CLEAN, you are sure to have a beautiful canvas to show off your amazing techniques. You cannot believe how many videos I have seen on youtube with millions of viewers and when it comes down to skin care regimens, majority of these women posting such videos and tutorials each admit to not washing their face before going to bed, skipping toners and eye moisturizers. REALLY??? Yes, shocker but it’s true. 

Now I’m not here to tell you that you have to go out and spend a ton of money on a whole bunch of beauty products. What I will tell you is that keeping it simple, basic and fresh will save you a ton of money later on life when gravity starts to take its toll and our skin loses collagen, our fine lines turn into wrinkles and our clogged pores have permanently scarred our faces due to acne breakouts.  With that said, I am going to share my skin care routine with you and how I get my face makeup ready…(btw, I use Mario Badescu products which I am completely obsessed with..I have cystic acne and this is about the only thing that calms down my skin, prevents future breakouts and leaves my face feeling baby soft without over drying. For more information on products, please check out my blog entitled “Mario Baedscu, the man behind gorgeous skin” or feel free to visit his website at www.mariobadescu.com. He has a range of products for every skin type and condition)

1.   First things first…ALWAYS make sure your face is clean. If you wear makeup on a daily basis like I do, I recommend cleansing your face with a makeup remover first. Makeup removers come in all forms. I’m not a big fan of makeup wipes as I find they tend to burn when wiping makeup off the face, but if you have no problem with them, please by all means feel free to try them. I prefer foam cleansers or creme cleansers from Neutrogena and Aveeno. They are gentle on the skin and really remove all makeup off the face. It’s after your makeup has been removed that you should cleanse your face with a proper cleanser for your skin type. If you suffer from acne, I recommend a cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid. If you have dry skin, try a cleanser with soothing properties like Calming Fever Few. Never scrub your face and apply too much pressure. When cleansing your skin, your finger tips should be barely touching your face. I use Mario Badescu’s Acne Facial Cleanser.   
                           
2.  After cleansing, use a toner. Toners are wonderful products to have as their main purpose serves to even out skin tone and remove any additional buildup within your pores that cleansers may sometimes fail to pickup on. I recommend Murad’s Clarifying Toner as it contains Witch Hazel, Vitamin E and Grape Seed Extract to remove oils from the skin while protecting and soothing the skin at the same time.

3.  Apply any acne treatments, wrinkle crème’s or and specialty lotions directly after toning your face.  Doing this will help seal in all products into your skin thus getting the full benefit of your lotions. It’s at this point in my routine that I apply my acne on the spot treatments and crème’s. I happen to use a few from Mario Badescu. I don’t really have a specific order that I use them in. It usually all depends on how bad my breaks may be as some products are stronger than others. But for the most part, I use the Anti Acne Serum, Drying Creme, Healing Creme, Buffering lotion and the Hyaluronic Eye Cream (day time only).

.    
        4.  Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! Number one and most important element in any skin care routine    next to washing your face is moisturizing your skin. Doing so will prevent dehydration, dryness, and sun    damage. In addition, it also helps to seal in all of the products from our previous steps and set a nice canvas for your makeup. I recommend using a moisturizer that targets your specific needs such as too much dryness, or too much oiliness. I personally use the Control Cream or Hyaluronic Day Cream in the morning. In the evening I use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream.


The end!!! I know it may sound like a lot, but trust me it’s not. Just follow the simple 4 steps listed and not only will your skin thank you but no one will ever guess your age! I’m 28 years and am constantly told “oh wow, you look like your 23, 24 tops”..

If you have any further questions please feel free to send me a message or comment at www.facebook.com/GetNellafyd or email me at the link enclosed within my blog page. For more beauty tips and tricks check out my facebook fan page..

See you soon darlings! 
(Please note that pictures are not originals from me and have been taken from and belong to  MarioBadescu.com, Neutrogena.com, Murad.com & Kiehl's.com and are used solely for the purpose of displaying a product picture in this blog.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment