Thursday, March 15, 2012

Best Color Conserve Shampoo for Highlights


Hey Guys! So, this is a re-post of a tip that I put up on my Facebook fan page yesterday at Get Nellafyd and I wanted to re-post it here as it attracted a lot of buzz and raised many questions. Not to mention that its something super important and should be acknowledged if maintaining gorgeous locks are a priority of yours. Here it is anD enjoy...

"A little shimmer here, a little shimmer there..."

If it’s one thing that I absolutely cannot stand to see it’s brassy, orange, over processed and faded looking highlights. No matter if your platinum blonde, gold toned liked the sun or copper like a penny, it is beyond important that you conserve those highlighted locks by keeping them true to their color. So many of us like to blame our “cheap” looking highlights on stylist, shampoos, conditioners, products and too much heat, but truth be told, these factors only play a small role in color conservation gone bad. It’s what you’re NOT doing that’s causing your color to fade. By the way, YES I did say “cheap” looking highlights because that’s the best way to describe it. Want expensive looking color that’s sure to last, than follow a beauty routine that won’t fail you.


Bottom line is this; unless you have virgin hair that’s never been dyed, you are free to use whatever products, shampoos, conditioners that you like. BUT, once your hair has been processed you can kiss those carefree days good bye because like anything else that’s foreign and new to your body, it must be maintained and up-kept in order to continue looking good. For that reason alone, I use a color conserving/ depositing shampoo that keep my highlights looking as fresh as the day I left the salon.






For all my blondes out there, whether highlights or single processed I strongly recommend using “Shimmer Lights” Shampoo and Conditioners at least once a week. Use straight out of the bottle or for a more subtle look, just mix with you regular shampoo of choice. Shimmer Lights products have toning properties in them that help to cancel out any brassiness or faded tones by depositing a toner while you wash and conditioner your hair. Now don’t freak out and think your re-dying your own hair. The toners in these products are very mild, light and nothing like the ones you may experience at the salon. Furthermore, they smell great and are a pure purple color. So, once you’re showering, lathering up and rinsing, don’t panic if you see that your shower water has turned purple! Shimmer lights also works wonders for up keeping natural grey hair color, honey tones, caramel hues and sometimes even light brown shades. For the rest of my dolls that dye their hair, I recommend just using any shampoo that aims at preserving color. I love “Aveda’s Color Conserve” line…
Dab a little shimmer here, a little shimmer there and your color will be on the one that everyone wants!

**Please note that pictures are of my own personal clients. For more pictures on hair coloring services, please check out my fan page at Get Nellafyd. Or if your interested in a service per say and live in the NYC metro area please feel free to contact me via my website at www.GetNellafyd.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment