Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birchbox Definitely Something To Try..


Birchbox where have you been my whole life? So I finally signed up for this amazing box of treats and goodies, just received my first shipment in the mail and I was beyond excited not only about my awesome picks but also to share with all of you lovies! 

For starters, before I go into detail about my first Birchbox experience, let me first explain to those of you who have never heard of Birchbox, what exactly Birchbox is. Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that delivers luxury beauty product samples to users on a monthly basis for a low fee of $10.00 a month.  

In an attempt to change the way women discover beauty products online, founder Katia Beauchamp discovered a new innovative and cheap way to provide fashion forward women with beauty samples that enables them to try just about everything on the market with a fun twist...Ready for this? Every month you receive a hand picked box with 4 to 5 beauty samples from luxury brands. Each month will include a different mix that is a surprise to you of product types including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body and hair care. All samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they're right for you! AND, it only costs you 10 dollars! How's that for a deal and being up to date with the latest beauty trends and must haves?! Its like a little surprise christmas treat to yourself every month.

Upon receiving my first shipment yesterday, let me first mention how pleased I was with the packaging of the products. Not only were they secure and intact but also very nicely wrapped but an adorable ribbon and tissue paper. The box is decently sized and made of great quality which makes for easy makeup/ product storage. In addition, inclusive within the package is a postcard with detailed info on the products selected for you as well as the current months hot new trends. 

I actually received 7 products with my shipment, 2 of which are missing from the pictures below as I quickly used them prior to taking a picture. (They were 2 Kusami Tea detox green tea bags that were absolutely delightful). As you can also see from the pictures, I was sent an Ahava Moisturizer, Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens, Oscar Blandi Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner and Talika Lipocils Expert Lash Serum. After reading about the products, I quickly played with each and tested them and I have to say I was pleased with EVERYTHING. There was nothing that I felt like I couldn't use or share with someone. In addition, the products were more than a generous size; they were a great size that leaves you with quite a few usages. 


Overall, my first Birchbox shipment and experience was amazing and left me in anticipation waiting for the next. Products were great, website is very user friendly and loaded with all sorts of info as well as an e-commerce store, and the price is beyond affordable (cheaper than your weekly Metro-Card or gym membership)!! Sometimes your curious to try something without spending the full price on it. Well now you can at a price that anyone can afford. For those of you interested in signing up, you can do so at www.birchbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment